dead soul for sale ..


I am dressed in the most bright of colours
but if only people could see past that into my dull life

I talk loud , impolite - by civilized standards , to sell myself
irony, that people don't search for the voice which was silenced long back, when it was raised to protect        
                                                                                                                                                      myself..
I stand by the road side to be 'picked' by someone
years back, the same place from where i purchased my dolls ..

I am no man's sister ,wife or daughter
I am just a woman who was raised as a lamb for slaughter

as I stand, people can notice the gaudy red on my lips
but if only they could see the leather marks, more red in colour, on my hips..

I live my dream daily, only when I'm being readied as a bride
but tears flow silently as each new day, a new man strips me off my pride

I am called a 'shame' to all for coming out in public
by the same people who come to me stealthily by the dark, which is moonlit

my life goes on, daily, in the same way
as I sit there auctioning a part of my soul till I have no more to give away ....

Comments

  1. Bold and straight!
    I have been seeing your variety, your thought flow and your presentation.
    You have rich ideas, girl!
    Break out of the "rhyming words" barrier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh yes !! i should do that now ... because as i too noticed, i sometimes have to make away with my content just because it doesnt rhyme ... n anyhow thrs no rule that to be poetic in nature should include rhyming ! :) .. will keep it in mind :) thanks megha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very very nicely written :) trying to write on controversial issues huh... Nice way of raising your voice :) poetically that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha yes ... TRYING TRYING TRYING... n its stuck at that :D !! btw u were a part of the candle march ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. he he trying is always the hardest part.... 1s you start there is no stopping you :)
    yeah i was :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love Languages

Jumme ki raat

Black Rose