... Reflection ....


Yesterday I went for a walk at the nearby lake and I can say it was beautiful!
'It' here refers to the lake, the feeling of walking by it, the plain sight of it...
For me , the most beautiful thing about this lake is that it is not stagnant and the water is in light but continuous and elegant movement ,more like it is walking along with you as you try to converse with it .

Stagnancy somehow depresses me and however lazy I might be I'm definitely not inactive.
Flowing water on the other hand ,reassures me that 'nothing is permanent' ,a saying which I always say to myself when I'm at rock bottom and which somehow balances out everything .
Water invites you and compels you to look at your reflection and what you see may not always please you .The person you see there might not be the person you want to be and that just leaves your eyes flowing ,adding 2 or more drops to the lake....
Well that did not happen to me yesterday because for a change I was so engrossed by the peace it instilled in me that the turmoil’s in my mind ,bigger than state politics, were all cradled to sleep and I was so content and at peace . I even had a laugh to myself thinking how I was acting like ‘PO’ of Kung-Fu Panda fame on my new found inner peace!! ;)
I walked hand in hand with the breeze talking of my plans for the future when it slightly patted me to point towards the water and the reflections .The reflections of you and your past are necessary I realized, because without being in sync with your past, you cannot know of the loop holes of your present nor can you correct it for the future!
On another note, it is even helpful to reflect on the situation you may be going through, because you are a reflection of your surroundings. For example, boring people are a reflection of boring people and Interesting people are a reflection that they left behind boring people!
And if you found your reflection being sad then you can take it as a hint to change your surroundings!!!
As the saying goes “Some nights are made for torture, or reflection, or the savoring of loneliness “, my night yesterday was spent on reflections of the girl I saw at the lake!
She was not everything that I wanted to be myself but she was trying her best to be! …. ,she was quite lonely but not unhappy , she had very early accepted that life is not rosy after seeing the people surrounding her but she definitely was grateful to those few roses in her garden that tried to make her life rosy despite the thorns in their own lives ! She meant no harm to others and that somehow gave her all the courage to tolerate those who did, knowing the fact that at least she was on the right path ... But above all this what mattered was that she looked happy and that is what left me happy! :) :)

Comments

  1. very nicely written sush :) i know which lake u are referring to ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankyous :D and yes it should have been "hand in hand with you talking my plans for future ... " :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha me and future plans huh!! are u sure about that!? :)

      Delete
    2. well its talking to you ,about my future plans ... cant be more sure !! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love Languages

Jumme ki raat

Black Rose