Virah

I have loved and lost... lost myself to the love, lost the love as well. I'm sure a vast majority of us understand the feeling and can still feel a piercing pain in fleeting/vulnerable moments.
Although I understand the feeling and have accepted it as part of this journey called life, I never understand why it had to happen or how necessary it was as an individual event. What did I learn by experiencing it?
I don't think I will come to any conclusion on these questions despite dedicating countless minutes of time in overthinking these topics just like how I will not understand Why Lata had to leave Kabir or why life had to separate Mohini from Digvijay!!
All I know is that I am a flood of emotions in those few moments fighting a silent battle on the outside, my inners shrieking at their loudest! In that turmoil of emotions, what I miss the most is my love for life ,love for self, love for love that I've lost in my pursuit of love for another

I dedicate this post to Virah - the song from Bandish Bandits, that gave me goosebumps! Right from the time Atul Kulkarni (playing Digvijay) announces the title Virah till the time he painfully questions -" Apni jee se prem rang kaise mein utaar doon??", the song is magical. Shankar Mahadevan's soulful voice just transports you to back to the person you were separated from, to the time, place and exact emotion!! It's true, a song is more about the feeling it invokes in you than just the voice, beats or rendition. Virah and each beautifully strung word and line in it ensures that it hits the right chords inside of you.

After all, you can imagine the power of this song when it extracts pin drop silence from the audience than applause and when you see that the depth of yearning/longing wins over active romance/shringaar ras! 

Ae ri sakhi....ugh... 




Comments

  1. Love for self๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™ We need to learn to do more of that!! This song❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love Languages

Jumme ki raat

Black Rose