To Remember Me

well i came across this beautiful article by ROBERT N. TEST and felt I should share it with u .......


The day will come when my body will lie upon a white sheet neatly tucked under four corners of a mattress located in a hospital; busily occupied with the living and the dying .At a certain moment a doctor will determine that my brain has ceased to function and that,for all intents and purposes ,my life has stopped .
  When that happens, do not attempt to instil artificial life into my body by the use of a machine .And don't call this my deathbed .Let it be called the bed of life, and let my body be taken from it to help others lead fuller lives .
Give my sight to the man who has never seen a sunrise , a baby's face or love in the eyes of a woman .
Give my heart to a person whose own heart has caused nothing but endless days of pain .
Give my blood to the teenager who was pulled from the wreckage of his car ,so that he might live to see his grandchildren play .
Give my kidneys to the one who depends on a machine to exist from week to week .
Take my bones ,every muscle, every fibre and nerve in my body and find a way to make a crippled child walk.
Explore every corner of my brain .
Take my cells ,if necessary, and let them grow so that,some day a speechless boy will shout at the crack of a bat and a deaf girl will hear the sound of rain against her window .
Burn what is left of me and scatter the ashes to the winds to help the flowers grow .
If you must bury something,let it be my faults ,my weakness and all prejudice against my fellow man .
Give my sins to the devil .
Give my soul to God.
If, by chance ,you wish to remember me ,do it with a kind deed or word to someone who needs you .If you do all i have asked ,I will live forever .

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love Languages

Jumme ki raat

Black Rose