that day .........................

The already hot early morning of mid-summer April day was a usual day in Aman and Neha's life ,usual in the context of how both of them didn't expect anything unusual to happen on that day .
The morning was fresh outside ,sunny and bursting with the zealous orange vibes but their home's beautiful french windows were curtained and the bread on the dining table had turned yellow and stale .
Awkward and gloomy airs filled the room and the temperature despite their newly purchased air conditioner being switched on, matched with the temperature outside .
The cream and brick-red painted walls of their apartment on the 11th floor ,had witnessed constant fights from few weeks. The 3-yr old wedding photograph of them ,which hung  in their bedroom and had them smiling together ,seemed a long gone and forgotten moment of their life.
The night before also they had a heated argument on a trivial matter after which he rejected her cooking and she didn't feel like eating and they both took to bed letting their stomachs grumble and continue the fight.
By 9.00 both of them had left to work without informing each other or kissing each other a good day, as was the norm when they were newly married .

On the way Aman thought to himself about how monotonous his married life was and how boring Neha had become after wedding while his best friend who married a year later after their's still seemed to be in the honeymoon phase with his perfect wife .
Neha ,sitting in an auto and struck in a traffic jam could only notice how each girl seemed to have a truely loving husband ,most of them who were even taking the pains of dropping their wives to work .
She got lost in an ocean of memories when she saw a  pani-puri wala slowly moving his mobile shop across the road.

FLASHBACK : Aman and Neha's was a college romance which blossomed when both of them were in their second year of under grad. course. They were one of the most talked and famous college "It-couples" .
There was no corridor left of their college which had not witnessed their love for each other and the student gossip committee also seemed to approve of the couple & its compatibility without much ado or fuss!
               She loved pani-puris and Aman being the 'head' of the student welfare board saw to it that the canteen provided pani-puris for the entire year and had even bribed a pani-puri wala outside their college to reserve his special gol-guppas for Neha. In their final year ,Aman had surprised her by proposing to her all of a sudden while they were having the same special gol-guppas , so much , that Neha had choked herself by swallowing the puris in that anxiety and thrill !
Now she wondered to herself if she made a mistake by...... ..........

Her thought bubble was burst all of a sudden when a speeding truck jumped the signal and hit the auto in which Neha was travelling .The ambulance siren echoed so loud that it almost reached Aman sitting in his office .
By the time the news reached Aman ,he had already brushed aside his premonitions thrice and so when the phone rang and Neha's name flashed on his screen ,his face turned pale white.
He chanted almost 3 lines of his prayer before he answered the call and by the time he cut the call he was already running on the road to catch a cab.
On the way he kept saying the same thing under his breath " I did not mean it ......I did not mean it .......... Give me just 1 chance to take back what i even thought . Give me just one chance to make things right again. Give me just 1 chance to see her smile again. Give me just 1 chance so I can make her smile again . Give me just 1 chance to listen to her voice again . Give me just 1 chance to see her blush again . Give me just 1 chance to prove myself again. Give me just 1 chance so I can make love to her again. Give me just 1 chance so I can tell her she means the world to me . Give me just 1 chance so I can hear her scold me . Give me just  1 chance to accept all my mistakes . Give me just 1 chance to tell her -I love her !. Give me just 1 chance to have my life back . Give me just 1 chance to tell her she is my life ............ " .

 The cab stopped in front of the hospital & Aman found he didn't even have the strength to move his limb outside .His heart beats thumped faster than drum beats and his lips till his lungs felt chapped and dry. A nurse who was near the reception counter directed him to the I.C.U. .
He almost fainted seeing the condition of her body and cried out loud not once bothering on the modern day expectation that "real men dont cry ".
He sat there crying and thinking to himself if his 1 chance back to life would be granted ...................






Comments

  1. Replies
    1. thank yous :) again , desperate measures to write something !

      Delete
    2. Atleast you constantly update!! I am so caught up with all unwanted stuff that i am not writing anything for months!! I am happy you write and do it well too :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love Languages

Jumme ki raat

Black Rose