Warm Vanilla Sugar

Disclaimer: This is not a paid advertisement or propaganda. I wouldn’t dare do that about something personal to me.


A whiff of Warm Vanilla Sugar, just as the name suggests brings warm memories to me which are mostly sweet like sugar and vanilla like I.e. subtle, not over powering, sweet but not too much and one can hardly dislike it. It not only brings warm memories but also somehow makes me feel the warmth of a caregiver. By now, you have already guessed what I am talking about. Yes, Warm Vanilla Sugar is a perfume by Bath and Body Works, one that I have been using from years now. I might be one of those few women who has purchased her perfume like she would purchase her veggies or mobile plan! There’s anyway not too much thought required in buying the same old, good old.

I was first introduced to this scent by my childhood friend who got me a warm vanilla sugar gift hamper as a souvenir from her first trip to USA. This was the time when India had no Bath and Body works stores. I remember how I used the perfume only for special occasions then and hesitated in using more than few drops lest it gets over! I wish I could spray a few drops on this post so whoever is reading this could get a heavenly experience and know what I’m exactly talking about! It is definitely a hug in a bottle.

Last year, I was diagnosed with Covid-19 and the worst thing for me after I even recovered was that I could not smell my most favourite perfume for almost 3 months!! It felt like my days had lost their charm and that was a dear lesson in how important our olfactory nerves are! Vanilla is also supposed to be a natural aphrodisiac and I always have liked myself a little more when I’m wearing this.

Recently, I learnt few other advantages of vanilla’s scent. Apparently, psychologists, medical researchers and scientists have always attributed the scent of vanilla with positive reactions, reducing stress and anxiety and claim that it makes us calmer. The more (positives) the merrier!

Back to present, the weather is bad in Bangalore, I’m down with fever and a bad cold and a blocked nose is the reason I wrote so many things about this topic. Guess we only appreciate things after we lose them! However, I’m currently reading a book called “The Midnight Library” which showcases how the life we are living and consider the final truth is just one of the many possible lives that we live or have lived! So, in another life, I might be blessed with the most healthy nose which never faces any issues and might also be the one who founded this scent! Who knows! Just saying.


If you read this article, tell me what are your favourite scents and perfumes! Tell me what it reminds you of! Today a regional actor, a superstar, died a few hours ago at just 46 years of age. It got me thinking again of how we take life for granted. How we become dead to each other while living itself! How we finish conversations with small talk but don’t take time to get curious together, talk about possibilities, things that make us happy or ponder about bigger things! Sigh..


P.S: The next time you go to the mall and see this store or perfume, spray a few drops and think of me? :)







References:

http://www.sirc.org/publik/smell_vanilla.html

Pictures are from amazon.com and amazon.in

Comments

  1. AnonymousJuly 25, 2022

    I like the smell of ghee tadka, raat rani flowers, boot polish, the smell of detergent from clothes after a good wash, mist, the smell of street food, distinctive smell of my dog, they all remind of things

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love Languages

Jumme ki raat

To build a home