Fleur De La Coeur

The pandemic got me trying out many new things. Some, because I had more time on my hands, some, because it was long pending, some, to manage the growing stress within me, some, because it just was pure joy and some, a result of all the above. One such habit was buying flowers for myself and setting up my vase. The way this habit formed is rather interesting. At one point in the pandemic, due to multiple lockdowns and restrictions around, I had stopped moving my limbs enough and the impact of it on my health was huge and so, when restrictions were eased out, I started taking any opportunity I had to just walk around. I realised that the few minutes I walked also helped my mind stay away from negative thoughts which had piled up as a result of a stagnant life and environment. On one such walks of mine, even after walking for a few rounds, the mind hadn't fully settled. I tried to take a different and longer route to just see if throwing many more objects and senses to register would finally tire and calm down the mind. However, my mind seemed to have a defense mechanism of it's own to counter being overwhelmed by this cognitive load. Instead of registering everything I saw, felt and observed on my new route, my mind started fixating on flowers around. It started with few flowers that had fallen down from the trees, then to the flowers inside the park adjacent to the road, then the flowers carefully potted by few plant owners, then the loose flowers that were being sold outside a temple for pooja and without my knowledge, the mind had already relaxed! I felt happy each time I saw a flower and the feeling lingered on bringing a sense of calm. On my way back, I identified a florist nearer to home to buy one for myself. This slowly became a habit and has now extended in it's use case scenario. When I started, I bought flowers just for myself. However, now, I buy flowers to celebrate people I love, their birthdays etc., especially, if they live far away from me and regardless of whether they continue to stay actively in my life or not. 
On a daily basis, amidst multiple stresses, there are multiple glances towards my vase to hold on to my peace and I am so grateful to flowers for this! Thank you Universe ๐ŸŒธ✨

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love Languages

Jumme ki raat

To build a home