!!

It always comes as a pang

The happy memories

Carefully filtered from the sad ones

Just enough to leave you gasping 


No matter how careful you are in hiding it

Or how deep you think you’ve pushed it 

It resurfaces,

It has to.


Your body covered in sweat 

Cannot distinguish what is from what was

And while the dripping sweat reduces your skin temperature

It cannot touch the burning heat within


Closing the eyes 

only makes you see clearer into the past

Opening it 

makes you feel like you’ve lost your sense of direction


How can your own mind play games on you?

Such a deceit 

Making you believe you had it all

Making you believe you’ve lost it all

Making you believe you can still have it all


How did people communicate when there was no internet?

No phones. 

No pigeons.

And no legs to walk or mouth to speak?


Tell me how for I need it now

Tell me how for I need to reach somewhere

Tell me how for I need to race with time

Tell me how, if you agree with my poem, sublime.. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Languages

Jumme ki raat

To build a home