Aromas of life

Well a weird thing happened today ,my dearest kid bro FRODO (specifically speaking my dog ),kept investigating the entire house for something which he till now hasn't found !!! He kept smelling every nook and corner of the house following some particular odour or in search of something which he didn't tell me :P !
    Looking him on his mission made me think about which would be those odours be ,which my nasal cavity would treat as a delight ! You will have to agree with me when i say each of us associate many things or people primarily with their characteristic odours and remembering them would be through how they smell . So here are the top few odours which i have finalised are special to me and the feeling they evoke in me ...

* the smell of mud/earth washed by the rains : this instills in me a strange happiness and i just feel connected with nature .Some sort of divine feeling ....


* the smell of my hair after conditioning it specifically by DOVE conditioner : this smell lingers on for almost until i next wash my hair and it smells heavenly !
& there is this realization of being a girl/woman ...(strange as it may sound to you ,it actually does feel so...)


* the smell of pages of a brand new book : Books themselves are delight ! So i haven't yet figured out if i genuinely like this smell or is it because I'm excited of having a new book that i like everything associated with it ,but do try smelling the pages of a new book and I'm sure you'll wish that reading too could be done with the use of only our nose !!!!


* the smell of eucalyptus oil when suffering from cold : trust me ,there is no other smell i like when having a bad cold .(or rather this is the only odour which can reach me past my blocked nose !!) .And smelling this somehow reassures me things will be fine ......

* the smell of shoe polish and kerosene : Well it was in school when we would be punished if our shoes were dirty and that's why I've spent a fair enough of time daily polishing my shoes and it always helped that its odour appealed to me . Hence the smell of shoe polish always brings me back memories of school life ,the best life !!! Coming to kerosene , i don't know why but i too am a part of the large population of people who like the smell of kerosene !just like that ......


* the smell of boiled or fried corn : it just makes my mouth water !! Well I've mostly had corn in any of those forms when its either raining and I'm out with my friends to enjoy or the weather is really cool ,and just thinking about this reminds me a number of crazy outings .


* the smell of freshly brewed coffee : this is one of the most perfect aromas on earth maybe !.. this aroma will always be etched in my mind and will be most special because i have coffee mostly when i want to pen down things and it somehow gets my mind working .. :)


* the smell of my blanket : hmmmm ... there is a peculiar odour attached to it and adorning it over my body feels warm ,homely,secure and it feels 'ME'  ....





Comments

  1. loved it :) especially the smell of a book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank uuuu :):) but seriously u should have seen how frodo was acting !!!! mad dog !! (:P oops) ,sumne dvd player mundh hogi koothav eddidne ille !!mallu hange he kept staring at it n smelling around for over an hour !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha that's frodo at his best i guess :) snooping around :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehhe totally !! dumma does nothing else as "activity n excercise " otherwise !! ;P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love Languages

Jumme ki raat

Black Rose