Of a long lived curse !



When I was born, my eyes were closed
When I was born I wasn’t aware to which gender I belonged
When I was born I was peaceful in ignorance
When I was born I knew nothing about male dominance

As I grew my eyes opened to the harassment happening for few I cared
My aspirations hadn’t yet grown taller than an average girl’s would and hence I was spared
I wondered why I was treated with less respect than a boy would be of the same age
Just because he had shorter hair and a stronger body which I couldn’t manage??

Slowly I realized that ‘woman’ was my slave name
I was just a piece of pawn for a man’s game
I was draped in the sari of tradition and rituals
I was crowned the queen to a room surrounded only by some old tumblers and vessels

 The dark gender turned out to be darker in soul
All they could offer me was sadness, in a bowl
Was this the nation that boasted of worshipping women?
Or was it the nation where they were harassed by some who claimed them to be god men!

I knew I had to break free into the rain
I knew they couldn’t chain my imagination or give it pain
If bearing the tag of ‘feminist’ is what it takes to prevent myself from taking the poison pill
Then I may very well accept the tag with all my conscience and will!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love Languages

Jumme ki raat

Black Rose