Black Rose

This week I finally watched "The Waiting". Although I am ashamed that I took almost three years to watch a movie that I was waiting to watch right from the time I read about its concept on paper, I am happy I finally did. The movie stars two of my all-time favorites - Naseeruddin Shah and Rajat Kapoor along with Kalki Koechlin who inspires me with the simplest fact that she is much more than a fair skinned pretty lady. In this movie, she has turned lyricist for the beautiful song named 'Waiting for you'.
The movie is about how two characters meet in a hospital environment and bond while waiting for their loved ones to get better. You get to see how powerful hope is, when that is all you get to have by your side. Oh! that is not the only thing obviously, you do have the fake promises of a doctor, shallow reassurances of a friend and a hesitant insurer with you whenever you don't want them.
But the one thing that kept lingering on my mind even after the movie, was how both the characters had happy memories of their significant others to revisit and reminisce. This is exactly how I want my life to be as well.
I watched this movie two days ago. Cut to today, I heard about the sad demise of one of my friend's grandfather.  Now her grandparents were the sweetest couple I have known. I always regarded them as the couple from "Up". They met as teenagers, married each other and just last month celebrated 61 years of married life! I am sure they faced their trials every other day but all I ever saw was them holding each others' hands and doing their daily walks and her laughing away loudly to whatever it is thatha told her. Although I can't even imagine what ajji might be feeling now, I'm sure she has a lot of beautiful memories to giggle and smile on when she comes to terms with her loss.
With each passing day, I am understanding the importance of kindness and always staying hopeful for the better. If nothing, Death is playing the role of a major catalyst here. Death presents me with the bigger picture. The one that is permanent in nature and not as fickle as my mood or situation. This makes me want to stay humble, treat people kindly, stop complaining, kick procrastinating and start living.
And somehow, co-incidentally, graveyards are one of the places I go to when I feel happy and sad alike. It started from the time my boy ( technically my dog, Frodo) passed away and we buried him in a pet cemetery. I would visit his grave along with my parents, where we spoke to him, gave him latest updates, sometimes sat in silence and then returned home. It always gave me peace. Now that I am in a country with Christianity as its major religion, graveyards are more easily found and I have a beautiful one nearby to the place I live in currently. Contrary to whatever negativity people tend to associate graveyards with, these places spell out love to me. You read about how someone was the best mother, sweetest grandfather, doting daddy, angelic daughter and how they have left a beautiful mark on this world. You see two other people at a distance sitting in silence just like you but they seem to be at peace as well. You always smile at each other. You see an old man still come in with roses for his dear wife's tomb.
Each day, each week, each month, I am learning, growing and evolving. This week, I have decided that I will constantly remind myself about death to be a better person while I live. The world has enough hatred and negative emotions but it won't get any further additions from me.

Have a beautiful week ahead, you lovely people :)







Comments

  1. I hope you have heard of a Marathi film called baapjanma, it's like a 90's movie !

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I haven't! Do you recommend?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love Languages

Jumme ki raat