Grey

What does the colour grey mean to you? Do you associate it with happy moods or sad moods? Or are you like me? Where grey clouds make you feel gloomy and grey t-shirts are happiness. This post isn't about grey as much as it is about the duality it stands for, in my life.
I've always believed sadness is beautiful too. I have my own reasons for that apart from the much-accepted fact that we would never come to appreciate happiness if we didn't know the taste of sadness. I wouldn't get into the entire list now but would talk to you about one of the things from it - writing.
I took to writing when I was sad. Even to this day, I write when I feel low. Now you understand why a lot of my writings have a sad tone to it. But, do I regret it? Hell no!
Writing to me has been like that friend who figures out that you may be feeling low and shows up with a tub of chocolate ice cream and a warm hug. It comes knocking when I feel knocked out myself and pulls me out of the shit hole I create for myself. It compels me to spit out whatever is eating me from within and as I do that my heart starts weighing a couple of hundred grams lesser. It converts my drained energy to creative juices that my body would need to rejuvenate.
It inspires me to create an inspiration for someone who would need it.

Today I woke up feeling miserable. I wrote to my best friend pouring my heart out. I wrote how I was feeling on paper and tore it to pieces. I forced myself to fill an extra page in my gratitude journal.
It was here that I felt I should write about how writing has always saved me and how grateful I am for it. So here it is.
Today I woke up feeling miserable about the absence of a person in my life, but, I filled a page writing good things about this person. I re-read things we wrote to each other when we felt happy and sad alike. And I decided, that while I have no control over a lot of things, I will keep this person alive in my world of words and find my closure here.

I usually end my personal posts by being preachy. Now, this is what happens when you grow up watching Shaktiman!! However, I'm not going to be preachy now. Instead, I want to thank you, the countable number of people who actually read my blog posts and leave me a comment or message me personally. You have no idea how happy I feel when you do it.
Thank you for everything and I really wish you have a great week ahead!
Ciya, chow:)


Comments

  1. AnonymousJune 13, 2018

    Unsolicited advice- Don't have any regrets !
    Although, I am sorry about the passing of your dear friend.
    Have a good week ahead too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are moments when every thought and decision goes through a scrutiny. I will still try and follow your advice. And, thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gray is a very friendly colour and adjusts itself depending on your mood.
    But, unlike you, whatever I write is to impress rather than express.
    And, I like this post, although you try to touch too many issues all at once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This post was written when my mind was in one such dual mode. And whatever be the reason, I really like your writing!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love Languages

Jumme ki raat

Black Rose