chocolate triple sundae


Yesterday i was eating an ice-cream and suddenly got lost in an ocean of memories..............
I suddenly had become the 6-yr old kid i used to be. I slowly started remembering and feeling the immense joy that a 5 rs. ice-candy could give ! The spurge of happiness that the candy-man's cycle bells could set in me.....
In just one moment i seemed to be feeling them all - the happy feeling in a 50p "melody" ,the secure feeling in holding papa's hands ,the warm feeling of mamma's hug & the "proud Lil brat" feeling around anna.......and somewhere down there more than feeling i had started to yearn for them all.........
Now that I've quite grown up, I wonder of so many things , that how we have become so busy that we can't even afford those weekend family trips to our favourite nearby grocery store , how we have no time for simple gestures like a hug ! ,how a 200rs. fancy named ice-cream in a posh ice-cream parlour still can't replace the immense satisfaction that a 5rs. candy from a next door store instilled ,how this new living had probably left me a cold person !................
How i wish i had a time machine & i could just rewind and go back............go back to the days when i could have a lengthy happy chatter wid papa ,wen i could have a gal's day out wid mamma ,when i could and would just play my way in the happy sunshine , when i could just stop feeling too awkward and grown up to enjoy these ,when i could just stop the thin invisible barrier which may slowly grow & i wondered whether my devilish ego was even worth it !.......
Just by then a last bit of my ice-cream was left and before melting it in my tongue , i just vowed one thing : to grow as old but still remain a child at heart ...........

P.S: my title too may sound fancy but its a 10rs ice-cream i get at my next door shop !! :)

Comments

  1. this just reminds me of a line in kannada
    DODDAVARAAGTA AAGTA MAKLU TARA IRBEKU, NAM TAPPU...KAL NAN MAKLU AAGBIDTIVI..
    nice post yaar..

    ReplyDelete
  2. reminded me of the times we'd walk to indian dept to buy kulfi. i guess we even cherished the same this time around :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @vik :ohh yes thts supposed to be ur fav quote ryt?! ....thnx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @!!! :ur rite....how we used to enjoy the walk considering it to be the trip or sumthing !!! miss it !:(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love Languages

Jumme ki raat

Black Rose