Eve ,Steve and Fairness creams !


I ,as many of you others ,grew up watching the advertisements of vicco turmeric ayurvedic cream and ponds beauty cream which mainly served their purpose as moisturising creams  .
I always knew that ours was a racist country but more than that a hypocritical nation .
I call it hypocritical because ours is a nation which accuses other countries of being racist ,of harassing people belonging to darker shade of colour but back home what we witness is not the model "melting pot" nation which Nehru dreamed of but just  a nation busy in planning the marketting and sales of its various fairness products !!

Back then fairness and beauty products were meant and made for women but slowly with the rise of the metrosexual man ,the trend shifted and now we see a whole range of  fairness products made exclusively for men. When did the "tall-dark-handsome" stereotype  for men change to "tall-fair-handsome" ??? And fortunately or unfortunately ,seconding the opinions/preferences of a wide population of women ,I would still prefer my man to look like one ,sport a stubble ,be of darker shade and indicate that he is someone who spends his time enjoying  a game in the sun with his boys  and definitely would'nt want my man to be clean shaven and show me how many hours he spends in front of the mirror or look shining  white and remind me of the vampire from the over-hyped twilight series !

Well here I was bemused over fairness products for men and totally ignorant that the  cosmetic world was here to take it to the next level and leave me gravelled !!!!
So there I switched on the TV and saw the most recent advertisement of a fairness  cream and a tightening gel that was meant for the private parts of a woman ??!!Now come on, I agree that we belong to the  land  where the Kamasutra originated and though I havent read it ,I dont think there is anything mentioned even it ,that a woman's private parts need to be fair or tight for the love-making  to be pleasurable  and if I'm not wrong most of the Indian so called couples who are not at all comfortable with their naked individuality make love with lights off !! And hence I found it highly ridiculous that such a silly product could even manage to generate such a hype around it and thus be so successfull in its main criteria - publicity !

Now how much ever I am adding on to the hype by talking about it ,I still couldnt resist my urge to voice out my feelings for this rather controversial subject and hence put it down here . And going through the articles of various other writers ,I couldnt agree more with Bishwanath Ghosh of Tamarind City fame when he writes down his opinion and here I would want to give it in direct speech form :
"When you are truly into a woman, you don't really care how white or tight she is, do you? In fact, you feel grateful when she lets you go down on her, because it is more fun exploring the vagina of a woman you admire than exploring a woman whose vagina you admire. The woman comes first, the vagina later. The vagina may be the most powerful weapon on earth, but it's the woman's mind that holds the key." 

And thus on a  closing note I'd want to say to all those men who want their women to be fair top to "bottom" and to all those women who are scretly thinking of giving a try to such a product - GROW UP and MOVE ON !!

Comments

  1. Bold, vivid, relevant, expressive and clear!
    I have always admired your elevation in expressiveness.
    Kudos, girl!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and you grace it wid your generous comment :):) thank you :):)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love Languages

Jumme ki raat

Black Rose