Take a left, cross a road and there u arrive at "crossword" ..

I have seriously  lost count of the number of times I frequent this place ,that too this particular outlet of the 72 outlets in entire India - Crossword , J.P.Nagar .

It is undoubtedly one of my favourite places in namma beautiful bengaluru for numerous reasons and the main one being that it is a book store.As the saying goes "wear the old coat and buy the new book" ....  Books are to me as drugs are to a drug addict and the very smell of it attracts me and the book world fascinates me like wonderland did to Alice and leaves me spell-bound each time i pick up a book and the feeling is as brand new as it was for the very first of books, be it 'Famous five' , 'Noddy' ,  'bed-time stories' or 'Tinkle'  that I read .

Secondly,its the ambience of this place which is so inviting and cozy that any person who visits this place wouldnt definitely come out within few minutes of entering unless he came in to ask for directions to the nearest Barbeque Nation !!



There are small stools and colourful chairs provided at corners and thick carpets covering the floor which gives enough space for visitors to even finish up reading the puny looking 100 paged books over there itself !And the Cafe Coffee day outlet within the store allows you to grab a green apple soda or Choco Frappe as refreshments in case you get too engrossed in your book :) (although I sometimes visit there just for the drink and in between read a book or 2 following the doordarshan policy of 2 minutes movie display between 5 minutes of advertisements :P )

The journey from reading  Snow White and her 7 dwarfs to reading about similar traited 'Hobbits' in J.R.R Tolkein's book by the same name or in "lord of the Rings" has been a tremondous one and since the time I've engaged with Crossword ,Its even more beautiful !

Now coming to another major reason why I love this place ( and this has nothing to do with books) ,is that Crossword time has always been 'Me-time' since I mostly visit this place alone .

As Arthur Helps quotes it “Reading is sometimes an ingenious device for avoiding thought.” and sometimes that is what I exactly do .
I visit this place when I'm happy for no reason or if I'm low or angry or depressed and after spending time there for a couple of hours, I'm fine or rather inspired to set things back to normal if its my mistake or just forget ,forgive and move on if its not . Again , couple of hours at Crossword could mean anything from spending time reading ,or sitting just at the CCD counter eating a brownie and waiting for the  anti-oxidant to somehow work its magic through my nerves and cheer me up or just sit in one of the corners reading just the titles of the books and relate them to my situations or sit observing the activities of the cute lil kid happy with her buy of the crayon book from kids' section :)

All in all ,this place will remain one of the most important place of my growing up years ,so much that, if "Inception" revolved around my life instead of Cobb and Mal Cobb's then this place would definitely be present in the site plan of my dream world !! ..  :)(:

Comments

  1. BOOOKSSSS... you either love them or hate them but u cannot live without them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so damn true !!! n m half way thru "The CLIENT"... yes its good !!!
    n wat about ur rating on crossword ?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have liked it every time i have been there but other than that i dont have any idea about it :)

      Delete
  3. :) :) (the second smile is looking at the yellow chappals):)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love Languages

Jumme ki raat

Black Rose